I have always been a great fan of delicious food. This could be one reason why I always make it a point to learn new recipes and share it on my blog. Here I wish to share with you the recipe of Meen Kozhambu.
- Black Pepper Corns- 1 tsp
- Small Onions- 10
- Cumin Seeds- 1 tsp
- Tomato- 1
- Fish Pieces- 15
- Chilli Powder- 1 ½ tsp
- Salt- ¾ tsp
- Turmeric Powder- ¾ tsp
- Oil- 3 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds- ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves- 12-15
- Hot Water- 3 Cups
- Tamarind Pulp- 1 Cup
- Cilantro- to garnish
Method Of Preparation:
1. Wash the fish pieces after they are chopped. Rinse it again after adding salt to the fish.
2. You may soak the tamarind in hot water for 15-20 minutes before you squeeze out the pulp.
3. Take the washed fish in a big bowl and add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt to the bowl and mix properly.
4. Marinate for 30-40 minutes.
5. Take a mixer-grinder and add cumin, pepper, tomato and onion. Grind it to a coarse paste without adding water.
6. Heat a Kadhai on a medium flame. Add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds to the oil.
7. When the seeds turn light brown, add onions. When the onions become translucent, add curry leaves.
8. After sauteing for a little while, add tomatoes, curry leaves, onions and saute for some more time.
9. Now add the coarse paste that you had prepared. You can know that the gravy is properly cooked when the smell changes.
10. Now add tamarind pulp to the Kadhai and cook for sometime. You can add water to the Kadhai when the gravy thickens. Cook for 15-20 minutes.
11. When oil separates from the gravy add the coriander leaves that are chopped to the gravy. Meen Kuzhambu is now ready to be served with rice or hot Appams.