Summer season, time to go out sun bathing, enjoy beach parties and relaxation. Along, with pleasure the season brings in tanning, dehydration, heat and hot air. Especially, cites which have no coastal line suffer extreme rough climate. There are certain things which we can do to keep our self-fit. Drink ample of water, eat more fruits and light food. Here, is one of my favourite summer recipe – Tamarind Rice.
Most light to eat and easy to cook. These tangy rice are quiet popular in Southern India and taste the best when eaten with cool curd.
300ml (2 cups) basmati rice.
150 ml (½ cup) tamarind juice.
½ tsp. – jaggery, turmeric in powdered form.
1tsp. fenugreek seeds, Chana dal, peanuts and mustard.
2 – Round red chilli balls, dried red chili sticks.
Handful curry leaves and coriander.
– Take rice, add water and pressure cook them.
– Take a deep pan, add oil, fenugreek seeds, asafoetida, Chana dal, peanuts and chilies dry fry all for 2 mins.
– Add the powders to the tamarind juice and give a boil till it becomes a thick gravy.
– The take the seasoning prepared, add the gravy and mix both with rice.
– Heat rice for 3 mins after mixed and serve with cold curd.