I have known best the importance of tally especially being an account executive. There are several aspects of Tally ERP, which makes it the most effective tool in doing accounts. Here I wish to share some facts and enlighten you why tally is such a great tool for people in the accounting profession.
Learning tally is mandatory for any commerce graduate. You need to know what an accountant’s work profile includes to understand why this tool is so vital. Here I have listed the work profile of an accountant.
- Firstly, he needs to record and systematically report financial transactions of any business.
- An accounting executive also needs to produce records and documents for the same.
- The Executive should also be capable of sorting the data considering what is significant and what is not useful.
- The individual should also be able to learn a company’s economic stability and profitability.
The above factors must have cleared your queries as to why accounting is so vital for any business or organisation. A company can collapse if the accounting decisions are not taken wisely and on time. Learning tally offers you several benefits. Here I have listed a few major merits of learning tally and how it can prove helpful in your accounting career.
- The work becomes a lot easier and understandable. Making the charts and records takes less time. Your precious time is saved.
- Knowing tally makes your resume stronger. When you look for an accounting job, knowledge of tally is surely going to be an added asset.
- Use of tally is sure to reduce the manual errors you make in calculation. This will help you get more reliable and quick results.
- In your day-to-day job as an accountant, you are sure to find many aspects of the tally useful like the Payroll, Inventory, Taxation, and Multi Currency.
It is thus clear that knowledge of tally plays significant role in an accountant’s career.
Apart from this, the accountant should have a love of numbers. He should possess the basic computer skills. These are important for an individual to excel in his accounting career.